Sunday 26 June 2011

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day

Howard and I spent the last of our teenage years doing nothing. Nights in the Royal Oak pub playing pool, visiting awful nightclubs in Cambridge and meeting no one. We had absolutely nothing to do.

Here is a good example of a typical night. We were in some bar in the middle of nowhere, a social club it looked like, fifties design. It was empty. Christmas was coming so I spent all of my money setting the jukebox up to play 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day' by Wizzard twenty times in a row. Of course the selection was only made, and it only played, once. We had no money but stole a bottle of wine, leaning over the bar.

There, that's a typical evening. Sometimes we made little films with Howard's dad's video camera but we usually just sat in a pub somewhere.

Happy Birthday Howard!

No comments:

Post a Comment