Sunday 3 July 2011

Awkwardness

The flat in Sandringham Road in Dalston was a great place. Lots of people lived there over the two years in which our gang occupied it, including myself briefly, and fantastic, all night, chaotic parties were held. When I first visited the house it was Nick, Dino, Lisa and Robin who lived there.

I went to meet Dino and Nick and, to my dismay, I was being invited to the living room and everyone was there plus a few guests.

Nowadays I might be described as being extroverted but at this time I was really unsure of myself and unused to being in a group of people. I was tongue tied and mumbled and said things that, and I realised at the time, sounded odd.

Lisa recalled saying to herself 'oh my God, who on earth is this?' and thinking that I was one of the most awkward people she'd ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment