Wednesday 13 July 2011

Stealing From Tesco's

When I was sixteen I held a part time job in a supermarket for a while. The staff room there was grubby and depressing. The supermarket was in a village attached to an industrial park in the middle of nowhere and it took an age to get there by bus. I was to become part of the alcohol section and I quite liked that, it wasn't too monotonous and I enjoyed the company of the old man and woman who I worked with but at first I sat on the checkout. I'd give pensioners who looked poor lots of free stuff which, I suppose, is stealing but it didn't feel like it. Besides, I'm a firm believer in the redistribution of wealth and you have to stand by principles.

There was nothing good about working there except for a great chip shop opposite the bus stop but even that wasn't enough to persuade me not to leave after a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment