Monday 4 July 2011

Billie Crispie

One night last year Consuelo went out with our friend Hiroe to the Buffalo Bar. She telephoned me while she was on her way home to explain how, amazingly, Billie Crispie had also been in the club and that they bumped into him at a bus stop after the show and chatted for a bit. Apparently he was really nice and wore good shoes. Hiroe reminded him that they had already met in 2002 and explained what outfit she was wearing at the time, but that still didn't jog his memory. It turned out that Consuelo was talking about Bobby Gillespie but had got his name mixed up.

She often forgets and mixes up names. But I think that, on this occasion, she had an idea that she might have done so and was messing around a bit. I used to try and get her to take a niacinamide tablet every day, I am a little concerned about the small memory lapses.

I spoke to Bobby Gillespie one time. He was also watching The Make Up play at the Blow Up club, when it was behind Leicester Square. I explained to him that a friend of mine from school had just been made pregnant by one of his roadies and he told me to 'fuck off.'

2 comments:

  1. Crispie's a much better name for him! I never rated him. Stephen Pastel was rude to Mark. What is it about The Projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Mark Banville? How come?

    ReplyDelete