Wednesday 20 July 2011

Vitamin D3

Well, I got really depressed during the winter of the year when I lived with Jane on Camberwell New Road. I had fallen into a nasty sleeping pattern. Sleeping all day and missing sunlight and lectures, and not being able to sleep at night.

A time came when I had not seen any sunlight for a whole week and I felt that it was making me ill. I went to a health food and nutrition shop that I knew of on Stoke Newington Church Street.

I asked if any vitamin would be a good substitute for sunlight. Of course the answer is yes, vitamin D3 is what your body will want for when you see no sun. Unfortunately the assistant told me that there was no such substance but that vitamin C might help.

What's really irritating is that vitamin D deficiency is thought to be a causative factor with the onset of MS and I can't help but wonder whether a season without sunlight might have contributed to my annoying illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment