Sunday 17 July 2011

Plastic Protecters

I had a friend at school when I lived in Bracknell. I must have been eleven or twelve years old.

I don't remember anything about him except that he loved the Pet Shop Boys. I have never cared for the Pet Shop Boys but this mystery friend had me watch Pet Shop Boys videos on the one occasion that I visited his home, I had no say in the matter.

I do remember a few details about his house though. I have a vague recollection of his mother being overbearing. The sofa was relatively new and had a clear plastic cover over it to protect it from staining and ageing. Yeah, I realised then that his parents must have had some problems. This suspicion was confirmed when I took a little trip to the bathroom. The carpet all the way down the hall was protected by a length of clear plastic.

They had no pets, that wasn't the explanation, the son son told me that his parents hated things getting dirty and that the plastic coverings were permanent fixtures.

I wonder what became of him? Having such fucked up parents I dread to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment