Saturday 2 July 2011

My New Tie II

Consuelo would always come up with little surprises, she'd return home with something to wear from the West End or something to eat from the Japan Centre.

One day she bought me a tartan tie from a second hand shop while she was getting herself a dress. Of course, there are many tartans in Scotland, thousands they say. So how strange that she should get me an Anderson Tartan Tie. My family on my grand mother's side are Andersons from Aberdeen. Isn't that peculiar, Consuelo buying a tie, and of all the many designs to be chosen she chooses the tartan associated with my family? What a coincidence!

A week later we were in Selfridges and a man shook my hand, impressed with my tie, identifying himself as an Anderson.

I don't own many ties, by the way. One is my grandfather's, one the cursed tie that I mentioned yesterday, my tartan tie and a tie that I just bought this Christmas, just in case it might come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment