Thursday 18 August 2011

Jack The Ripper

After I left my second flat in Stamford Hill I rented Dino's room in Sandringham Road while he was out of town. Lisa and I got together and I'd stay in her room for a few months until we moved to the old red brick school house on Durwood Street.

Every Sunday morning one of the local Jack The Ripper tours would turn up and the guide would outline the economy of the Victorian East End. He would then explain how the body of Jack the Ripper's first victim 'was found in a building which stood here.'

One day I was out the front of the school house messing around with the carburettor of my my first MZ motorcycle in the sunshine, a small blue TS125, and I noticed that the tour guide pointed to our flat when he described the crime scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment